Sunday, June 16, 2013

Is your town like Fool's Gold?

One of the Cheerleaders, Dyan, said my town sounds like Fool's Gold.  I took my kids, my friend & her kids to a parade for our Fireman.  It is done every year.  Fire Departments can come from a distance.  This parade can be 2-3 hours depending how many Fire Departments are in it along with EMS, Police, and other different things.  Lowe's was there handling out their fire truck kits.  The kids will be building them with their dad.

I started thinking that yes, my town does sound like Fool's Gold.  In the Spring, we have Kaleidoscope Arts Festival, which I have never gone to, but I will have to check it out. 

In our Downtown area, they shut down a side street so they could have Friday Night Concerts.  Not sure what else they do in that area.

This weekend is the Jeep Festival where all the Jeep owners shows off their Jeeps.  It is in 2 different locations.  I don't know much about this Festival since I have not gone to it, but I think their Jeeps do get dirty!!

I took the kids to a Kids Day.  It was where our Farm Show is handled.  The kids had a lot of fun.

We have A Big Fair every July.  We also have a Farm Show every August.  My grandfather used to have his horses pull in a contest there.  He spent so many hours training his horses and traveling around to different Farm Shows in our area.  We also have The Lake's Regatta, too, in August.  I love taking the kids to that especially if they set up the Hot Air Balloons! 

In the Fall,there is a Farm Tour.  In the Downtown area, we have a Fall Festival where there are a lot of vendors with tons of food and things they sell.  The main street is closed off.

How is your town like Fool's Gold?  I would love to hear it.
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. The closest we get is the annual Christmas parade. We go to a friend's house where everyone gathers and walks the block down to where the parade rolls by. I grew up in a small town and I don't think you appreciate that feel until you're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about our Christmas parade plus a car cruise (this weekend). I am sure I missed others. I will have to update my list.

    ReplyDelete